Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lazy Weekend

Last week on Monday, I flew to Mexico City. It was Benito Juarez' B-day Holiday. First day of work was Tuesday. Fernanda came to work with a sprained ankle, and had an appointment with the doctor the same day. The rest of the week she was not at the office, and I don't think she will be in next week. The doctor recommended 2 weeks rest. The project continued with the test of long term repos, and securities lending.

On Tuesday, I had lunch with Aldama at "La Raclette. " Wednesday had lunch with Arturo at the taco place; Thursday had lunch with Marlon at the food court; and Friday had lunch with Arturo at a Chinese Restaurant. At the Chinese restaurant, I had for the first time the famous crab legs that Arturo had talked so much about. We had the crab legs in a mild sweet and sour souce - they were good. While having lunch Cindy called and said hi. At the lunch with Marlon, he mentioned the possibility of a job offer. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a stable job, and less stressful than the current one.

I've been talking to Susana about Gaby. She has been a bit selfish with Anna. She mentioned that at Tai Pei (by the way, I had dinner with them last Saturday at the same place), Gaby unilaterally shared Anna's food, but wouldn't share hers. I had a talk with her about that. This Saturday, they spent with friends over at their house. Today, Sunday, Gaby went to a birthday party (she told me that she saw an albino kangaroo). It seems the b-day party was at a ranch.

When I called for the first time, Gaby was at the B-day, and Anna was at the daycare while Susana did some pilates.

Yesterday, Cindy went to her best friend's mom's funeral. She was sad, but seemed full of energy. She is usually very fatigued from working so much, and not sleeping well. This week she spent it proctoring and we did not get a chance to talk much during the week. After the Cindy's kids' dinner she was very sad because it is obvious that we need to get a lawyer for her to move to Texas. We've been talking about that a lot.

Forgot to mention that Bella is sick, and had to be taken to a doctor (Bella is the kids' pet bird). The bill was $300!!! They love Bella a lot is really part of the family.

Yesterday, I saw "The Strange Case of Benjamin Button." It made you think a lot about how fast life goes by and how we lose our abilities as we get old. I've been reading "The News," and the "Intellectual Devotional" that Cindy brought me to Vail. I just finished watching an interview of Obama in 60 Minutes. The entire AIG bonus thing has exposed the greed in Wall Street. I've seen it for decades. A lot of people have made fortunes just for having been priviliged to go to the right school and land a job at a Wall Street firm. I hope the philosophy of short-term profits at the expense of the long-term health of a company changes.

This weekend I also worked out. I did not do any aerobics, just light weights. 3 months before the cruise, and I want to be in good shape. I also started taking some natural supplements, using a new toothpaste to help me get fewer canker sores. I am doing great in that respect. Unfortunately, I have not been sleeping well. I hope I get a good night sleep tonight.

No comments: