Monday, March 2, 2009

Cindy's B-day Saturday

Saturday was Cindy's B-day. Her age is my favorite number. Unfortunately, she was very sick. I called her in the morning to sing "Happy Birthday to You. " Her kids gave her a surprise party at her parents. I called her in the afternoon to congratulate her again. She went shopping for her ski jacket and pants with her dad...this gave time for the kids to prepare for the surprise. Kate had asked me to go, but flights were not convenient, and we were going live with C&N in Mexico.

On Friday, even while she was very sick, she went to a bar to see some friends. Her comment was, "I got to get out of this town."

For me this weekend was mainly watching tv, reading (bought US News and World Report) watched Slumdog Millionaire on Saturday. On Friday I saw "The Day the Earth Stood Still"; I liked the original version better.

Today I had a meeting at JP Morgan. We reviewed the middle office process for the brokerage house. I went with Jose Antonio. I got there just on time. Jose Antonio stayed later to review the process in more detail. I saw Paola Rodriguez.

I got to Deutsche Bank at around 9:40 AM, and started the "go live" of Call & Notice. I had lunch at the apartment, and watched the market news. Very scary situation - the economy. The market was driven down by additional help to AIG. I think AIG has received around 130 billion already. I spent the entire weekend figuring out the best way to invest the savings.

Today, I read Warren Buffet's quarterly report, and it was certainly not very optimistic. They except stocks and houseses to continue droppings in price. With the billions of dollars spent by the democrats, they also expect high inflation in the future. This where I need to plan.

My beautiful wife continues to be sick with a cold. She wasn't feeling too well today. I called her several times. She worked from home, as a big snowstorm fell in the Northeast. Love her a lot, and wish she can get over it. Personally, I've been fighting my cold for a while.

I stayed late at Deutsche Bank in case anything happened with the batch. Fernanda ordered pizza.

I had pain in my chest, and it got me a bit scared. I cannot wait to be in the US to have this checked.

I talked to the girls very quickly. I miss them. On Friday, we are going skiing. I also stayed on the phone with Cindy and filled out the Charles Schwab form for the community checking account.

My eyes are all red...I think I should be in bed. I am very tired and my chest hurts. I also reserved the car for Denver, and also for the days I will be staying in Texas.

I hope we all get back to health. Cindy 42, and I 45 means will be getting more illnesses. I wish I could take a long vacation. Things are getting very scary with the economy. We are lucky we were frugal during the fat years.

No comments: